The part time jobs in America
For many people, the start of a new year marks a time when we often set goals for health, money, and happiness. Financially, we set high goals to save money and pay off our debts faster.
All financial purposes; it brings in more money. Earning more income will make it easier for you to reach your financial goals. And perhaps the most proven way to make more money is to get a part time job.
Today we’ll discuss the pros and cons of a part-time job, what we think are the best part-time jobs, and how to earn extra money.
Advantages and disadvantages of part-time jobs
Before we divulge our list of the best part-time jobs, keep in mind the perks part-time jobs offer as you read. Be sure to see which jobs best fit your current lifestyle to make the right decision.
For example, maybe you sit behind a computer all day at your 9-5 job and would rather be surrounded by the hustle and bustle of other people. In that case, catering or product promotion could be your thing.
Here’s a quick list of the pros and cons of part-time jobs :
Advantages of part-time jobs
- More money for your goals, spending.
- Part-time jobs are usually flexible.
- Some offer benefits like health insurance at better prices for employees.
- When you connect with others, part-time jobs can be fun, like hospitality.
Disadvantages of part-time jobs
- You spend your free time working
- Sometimes a part-time job can turn into a full-time workload
- You won’t make as much money working part-time.
- It can be hectic managing a part-time job with other responsibilities
- It May affects your tax situation in some cases
- Working in parallel could create a short-term mindset
- We’ll explore the best options regardless of why you need a part-time job.
The best part-time jobs
Do you need extra money fast?
Fast Money >>
- Earn up to $50 a week with SurveyJunkie
- Play video games online and get paid with Mistplay
- Get a free share with Robinhood when you sign up.
- Earn $5 when you download Swagbucks
- Try Trim to save on car insurance and subscriptions.
Work a fitness instructor
If you want to stay in shape and earn extra money simultaneously, becoming a fitness instructor can be your next job.
A fitness instructor can be anyone who teaches classes like yoga, body pump, or pilates, all the way up to a full personal trainer. Teaching fitness is a great way to take free courses while earning money per hour.
The median wage is around $18 an hour, and the flexibility allows you to manage other commitments better.
Physical training and teaching are not only a great side job, but it also has other benefits:
- A discount or free membership to that same gym.
- Stay in shape while you work.
- Adding value to the lives of others
- Even if you don’t start with a big salary, on-the-job experience means a yearly pay rise. You may also have the option of taking CPR training and certifications for free.
An incredibly satisfying job: caring for other people’s pets.
As a dog walker or someone who watches pets, you can earn quite a bit of money, $15 an hour! You can earn up to $40 a day and even more as a babysitter if you stay overnight.
The schedule is very flexible; you can choose when to work and which dogs to hang out with. Although this is not a work-from-home job, it is something you can decide and manage according to your schedule!
If you like driving and owning a car, why not become a delivery-driver ? You can Control your schedule and earn money with one app, which is pretty cool when you think about how we made money 20 years ago.
While there are many advantages (self-employment, flexibility, quick money, working with status) and disadvantages (wear and tear on your car, salaries can vary, you have to work hard to earn lots of money) to using your car to earn money in the gig economy apps make your life easier.
Apps ideal for getting people from one place to another include :
If you don’t like transporting other people, there are great apps for delivering food, including :
- Uber eats
Yes, you can get paid to buy and deliver other people’s food and earn $25 an hour!
Who would have thought there would be a market for delivering food to people as a part-time job ? But in fact, it is so !
When setting your prices, consider gas, taxes, and insurance.
Although these jobs are not done from home, they are legitimate options for someone looking for a part-time job that offers flexibility and quick money.
As a fitness instructor, a personal trainer can work with people of all ages and stay in shape.
If you have a 9 to 5 job, becoming a personal trainer is an ideal part-time job that gets you out of your chair and allows you to move and interact with others. Not to mention that you train in your spare time and most of your clients also work.
Initially, you will work out at a gym to help build your client list. It can range from $8 to $15 per hour. Once you’ve established a list of clients, you can consider starting your own business and training your clients wherever and at whatever price you want.
Some trainers have turned personal training into a legitimate work-from-home opportunity, training clients via Zoom, offering online programs, and even creating training websites.
Specialist in promotion and marketing
If you’ve worked in marketing before, becoming a brand promoter or marketer may be the best part-time job.
You can work on marketing platforms, create campaigns and help companies with their marketing. You can also help small businesses by finding influencers who want to promote their brand and target the right niches.
Marketing jobs often require you to spend nights and weekends doing it, but becoming a product brand rep can pay off well.
Most salespeople make over $25 an hour, plus tips! Sound like something you’re interested in?
Catering services are in high demand, especially on weekends. Whether it’s a wedding, retirement, or corporate meeting, caterers stay busy working part-time.
However, you can bring in over $250 per event if you choose to work as a caterer. If you do it four times a month, you’ll have an extra $1,000!
To be a catering service provider, follow these steps:
- Find catering companies near you
- Ask your friends with a cocktail or restaurant experience
- Contact large wedding venues near you and ask if they are hiring.